There are a total of 9 Weapons in the Marathon Trilogy, each with its own unique functions. Some can be dual-wielded, and others have secondary trigger functions. Each available weapon has its own inherent characteristics that affect its use, such as ready and reload time, accuracy, clip size, where it can be used, ability to trigger switches, and rarity.
For more details on an individual weapon, click on the weapon name below.
|Weapon||First Used||Dual-Wield?||In liquid?||In Vacuum?||Primary Trigger||Secondary Trigger|
|Fists||M1||In M2/MI||Yes||Yes||Punch||2nd Punch (M2/MI)|
|Magnum Mega Class Pistol||M1||Yes||No||Yes||Pistol shot||2nd Pistol shot (if equipped)|
|Assault Rifle/Grenade Launcher||M1||No||No||No||Assault Rifle shot||Grenades|
|Zeus Class Fusion Pistol||M1||No||Damages you||Yes||Energy bolt||Overload energy bolt|
|SPNKR SSM Launcher||M1||No||No||No||Rocket||--|
|TOZT-7 Backpack Napalm Unit||M1||No||No||No||Flamer||--|
|WSTE-M5 Combat Shotgun||M2||Yes||No||Yes||Shotgun (x2)||2nd Shotgun (x2, if equipped)|
|KKV-7 10mm SMG Flechette||MI||No||Yes||Yes||Flechette shot (x2)||--|
|Alien Weapon||M1||No||No||Yes||Single shot||Alternating angled shots (M2/MI)|
Amunition and Reloading
Each weapon uses a different type of ammunition, and clip size and capacity varies per weapon. Additional ammunition appears as an item (sometimes static, sometimes teleported in), and is picked up automatically by running over it.
When a clip has expired, a weapon is reloaded automatically if more ammunition is available. Partially-used clips cannot be ejected, and thus all ammo must be used before a fresh clip will load. Interrupting the reloading process to switch to another weapon is possible, but the entire sequence will need to be repeated later after reselecting the empty gun.
If no more ammunition is available for a weapon, it becomes unavailable (unless it has a secondary firing mode with separate ammunition remaining, such as the assault rifle). Emptied weapons that do not use ammunition (such as the alien weapon) become unavailable until a completely new weapon is obtained.
- Ceramic Combat Knife - Seen in some early Marathon betas
- TOOL Mark IV Pistol - Early pistol, seen in Marathon Zero
- SPNKR-25 Auto Cannon - Forerunner of rocket launcher, also seen in Marathon Zero
- Wave Motion Cannon - A long-rumored weapon of great power; has since been used in other games as a tribute
- M1A2 .75 BR - A weapon mentioned in the description of the flechette gun; a "mighty" battle rifle apparently possessed of armor-piercing capabilities rivaled by the SMG -- but not a weapon actually seen in the Marathon Trilogy.